Toasted Couscous Salad with Grilled Vegetables
This recipe pairs well with McFadden Chardonnay. Bon appétit!
- 1/2 cup balsamic
- 1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1-2 Tbsp. Engage Hemp Health Garlic-Mix
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Engage Organics Original All-Purpose Blend
- 2 green zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 2 yellow zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 6 spears asparagus, trimmed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. couscous
- 2 cups vegetable stock, heated
- Hot water to cover
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and garlic, slowly adding the olive oil and whisking until combined. Season with Original All-Purpose. Pour ½ marinade over the vegetables and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Remove the vegetables from the marinade and grill the vegetables until just cooked through. Cut the zucchini and peppers into ½ inch pieces, cut the tomatoes in half.
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the couscous and toast until lightly golden brown. Cover the couscous with the hot stock plus hot water and bring to a boil, then cook until al dente and drain well.
Place in a large serving bowl, add the grilled vegetables and herbs and toss with the remaining vinaigrette. You can also add a grilled chicken breast to this wonderful salad for extra protein to make this a one-dish meal.
Serve at room temperature.