Toasted Couscous Salad with Grilled Vegetables
This recipe pairs well with McFadden Chardonnay. Bon appétit!
- 1/2 cup balsamic
- 1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1-2 Tbsp. Engage Hemp Health Garlic-Mix
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Engage Organics Original All-Purpose Blend
- 2 green zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 2 yellow zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 6 spears asparagus, trimmed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. couscous
- 2 cups vegetable stock, heated
- Hot water to cover
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and garlic, slowly adding the olive oil and whisking until combined. Season with Original All-Purpose. Pour ½ marinade over the vegetables and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove the vegetables from the marinade and grill the vegetables until just cooked through. Cut the zucchini and peppers into ½ inch pieces, cut the tomatoes in half.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the couscous and toast until lightly golden brown. Cover the couscous with the hot stock plus hot water and bring to a boil, then cook until al dente and drain well.
- Place in a large serving bowl, add the grilled vegetables and herbs and toss with the remaining vinaigrette. You can also add a grilled chicken breast to this wonderful salad for extra protein to make this a one-dish meal.
- Serve at room temperature.