No-Salt Authentic Street Tacos
Slow-cooking the beef for these Authentic Street Tacos is like having someone prepare a fabulous meal for you while you are at work. The tantalizing flavors tease your appetite once you walk into the door. Your family will drool waiting to take the first bite.
- 2-3 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced medium
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced medium
- 1 large jalapeno seeded and diced small
- 1-2 Tbsp. Engage Hemp Health Garlic-Mix
- 1 Tbsp. Engage Organics Mexi-Mix
- 5-6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- flour tortillas, warmed, grated cheddar, cilantro, radishes, refried beans, Restaurant-style Mexican Rice, and avocado.
- Cut the 2-1/2 to 3 lbs. beef chuck roast into 1 inch squares. (I also use the short ribs from Costco. They are a sure choice if you love fork tender beef.)
- Chop 1 medium white onion, diced medium
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced medium (I also mix red and green peppers)Heat olive or avocado oil in Dutch oven.
- Add cubed beef and brown on all sides. You will have to do this in 2-3 batches so the meat will brown nicely. Browning well makes a scrumptious gravy, so don’t hurry this process.
- I sprinkle the meat with Engage Hemp Health Garlic-Mix as it is browning. Such a great aroma.
- Transfer the first browned batch of beef to the slow cooker. And repeat browning of second batch . . .
- Once meat is browned, transfer to slow cooker and in same Dutch over add 2 teaspoons more oil and sauté onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and more Engage Hemp Health Garlic-Mix , scraping browned bits with a wooden spoon until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1-1/2 tablespoons Engage Organics Mexi-Mix and about 5-6 Tbsp. flour. Cook 1 minute until flour is absorbed.
- Slowly poor chicken broth into Dutch oven until liquid is smooth. Simmer 2 minutes, then transfer the mixture to slow cooker, along with diced tomatoes and bay leaves.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper. Cover and cook on high 7-8 hours. (I cooked these in 350 degree oven after a few hours in Crock Pot, because I needed the meat to cook faster. It was delicious.)
- Serve with tortillas, cheese, cilantro, Engage Organics Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice, refried beans, avocado, and radishes for a nutrient dense dinner. You won’t be able to eat just one! Enjoy one of my favorite dishes.