This is an excellent dish served over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. It sounds complicated, but is very easy and satisfying. It can be refrigerated and used for subsequent meals. Enjoy the comfort food that nourishes body and soul.
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Engage Hemp Health Garlic-Mix
- 1-2 tsp. Engage Organics All-Purpose
- olive oil
- 1 cup Marsala Wine
- 1 can Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 lb. Mushrooms, quartered
- Cornstarch for thickening
- Pound chicken breasts and dust with flour. Sprinkle with Garlicsaltless and brown in olive oil. Remove to holding dish to keep warm.
- Sauté a pound of mushrooms in olive oil, season with All-Purpose to taste. Add lemon juice to preserve, remove to holding dish with chicken.
- Deglaze pan with Marsala Wine. Loosen browned chicken bits and stir. Let boil. Add almost a whole can of chicken stock. Boil down and thicken with about 1 Tbls. cornstarch mixed with a quarter cup of water to make a watery paste. Watch as it starts to thicken, slowly add more cornstarch mixture if needed. This is like making gravy, just watch, season with more Garlicsaltless and All-Purpose as needed. Taste and adjust.
- When gravy is seasoned to your liking, return the chicken breasts to the pan and cover with mushrooms.